Department for Employment and Learning
A key partner in the Boosting Business campaign is the DepartmentÂ for Employment and Learning (DEL). Through them, you can access wide range of initiatives to help you ensure you have the right skills to grow your business.
- Made Not Born Leadership Seminars: The next seminar in DELâ€™s Made Not Born series focuses on Brand Development to Business Growth. The keynote speaker is Mark Palmer, Global Brand Director of Green & Blacks Chocolate. Two seminars, taking place from 08.30am to 11.30am, will be held in Armagh and Bangor on 6 December and 7 December respectively. Follow this link to register your place.
- Skills Solutions (PDF - 50k): If you would like to know more about how DEL can help your business, the Skills Solutions service offers you a single point of contact.
- Steps to Work: The aim of the Steps to Work programme is to assist people who are unemployed or economically inactive to find and sustain employment. It is available to a wide group of people including those on Jobseekers Allowance, Incapacity Benefit/Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support, people in receipt of other benefits and other economically inactive individuals who are not in receipt of benefits.
- Self Employment Test Trading: As a strand of the Steps to Work programme, this offers programme participants with an interest in running their own business the opportunity of a route into self employment by undertaking a period of test trading for up to 26 weeks.
- Employer Subsidy: The aim of the Employer Subsidy, a strand of the Steps to Work programme, is to improve the opportunities for individuals who have been out of work for a period of time and to help them secure and sustain employment. If your business recruits an employee who has been unemployed or economically inactive for at least 13 weeks prior to commencing work, you are eligible for the Employer Subsidy.
Click through to the area you are interested in, complete our short enquiry form or call us on 0800 181 4422 to find out how Invest NI can help your business.
Call us on 0800 181 4422
or complete the short form and an Advisor will get in touch with you